Thursday, November 4, 2010

Halloween, birthdays and busy-ness!

The past few weeks have been a blur of activities for us. Most notably, we celebrated Matthew's 2nd birthday a couple of weeks ago!

Some might say the twos are terrible, but there are many things to love about this age. I particularly love watching his language develop. Matthew is now saying many 5 and 6 word sentences and it seems to get easier to communicate every week. Along with better communication skills, Matthew and David have been finding a lot more ways to play creatively together. So much fun to watch and listen as they build lego castles, send hot wheels flying across the living room or crawl around pretending to be puppy dogs together. I seriously can't think of much I enjoy more than seeing their friendship grow.

Halloween is always fun and this year our boys were two cheetahs. Roar!

Unfortunately, David has been sick since Halloween so the only person truly enjoying the surplus of candy around here is me. Why do I always buy so much?

In the midst of all the fun with the kids, I have been ridiculously busy with various events and volunteer things. It seems like Fall is always a hectic season. I find myself already looking forward to Christmas and the slow down that happens for a couple of weeks - but bracing myself for the inevitable craziness of holiday preparation that will be the next month.

And now on to other things!

No comments:

Post a Comment