Monday, March 21, 2011

Winter fun

I know it's technically spring and that some of you live in warmer climes than here in the great white north... but since it's a long way from being spring-y here, I thought I'd warm up with a few pics of a great ski holiday we took last month to Big White. In my current delicate ;) condition I wasn't able to hit the slopes, but I got to enjoy vicariously by watching David get out on skis every day. He absolutely loved it and by the end of the week was confidently scooting down even the big green runs all on his own and had graduated from the bunny hill's magic carpet to the actual chairlift. It was fun to watch him take to it so enthusiastically and it makes me smile to see him enjoying a sport I have loved my whole life and also started at a young age. (No skis yet for Matthew much to his dismay, but maybe at Christmas!)



 Of course there are lots of other fun things to do outside on a sunny day at Big White. We did get skating too and also did lots of sledding while we were there.


David took some lessons a few mornings and moved from a 'ready teddy' to an 'eager elephant' by the end of it.

And a little bit of indoor fun too... lots of pool, snuggly stories with grandpa and great fun sleeping in bunk beds!


I am feeling ready for some green grass, gardening and true playground weather, but winter has it's upside too. Stay warm.

1 comment:

  1. We really enjoyed your visit Meg. Next year it will be Matthew's turn to learn and David will be skiing black diamonds.

    ReplyDelete