Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all the dads who may be reading this. I really hope you have had a wonderful day and some special appreciation from your families for your important job.

My dad has been one of the most important people in my life. I feel incredibly thankful for his influence and presence in my life and I'm so glad for the special relationship we still share today.

In keeping with tradition, here are just a few of the things my dad gave me:
  • his unconditional love and support
  • self-confidence
  • a love of storytelling and literature
  • a strong work ethic
  • an appreciation of humour
  • many fun and memorable experiences
  • family traditions
  • a love of the outdoors
  • a sense of compassion and empathy for others
  • an interest in education

After that great example growing up, I have been fortunate to marry an amazing man who is the best imaginable father to our two children. I love his devotion to our family and the way he truly loves spending time with our boys. They both already look up to him so much and I am so happy they have such a wonderful example to follow. I can't wait to see how their relationships develop as the boys grow up.

1 comment:

  1. That's so sweet! Yay for all the great dads out there. =)

    ReplyDelete