Sunday, January 31, 2010

Getting things done

This year is starting out as a year for (finally) getting caught up on a few things around our place. 2009 was mostly about adjusting to life as a family of four and it went by in a blur of diapers, sleepiness and juggling the kids in and out of the house. In the midst of that, I seemed always to be behind with day-to-day tasks like laundry (will it ever end?), cleaning, shopping and house projects - to say nothing of keeping up with friends and things I find enjoyable like writing, reading, running, knitting and other pursuits.

Now it's a new year. A new decade. Matthew is walking and getting easier as he morphs into his toddler self and I seem to have found my stride. So I decided 2010 will be the year I get caught up again. First on my list - keeping up with the mountains of laundry. One month in and I'm managing so far!

Next I'm tackling the printing of pictures and finally filling the several empty frames sitting on shelves and against walls in our house. It's high time I update the frames featuring cute baby pictures of David and include a few of our expanded family and get Matthew up on the walls with his brother!

Household fixups like painting, replacing old carpet, finishing our basement reno and repairing a few dings and scrapes that have added up are also on my list... as are many spring cleaning and organizing tasks.

I'll keep you posted on how it goes with my ongoing goal to get caught up in 2010.

1 comment:

  1. My laundry pile could beat up your laundry pile right about now. Glad you're back!!! We'll chat soon!

    ReplyDelete