It's Sunday evening and I am coming to the end of a lone parenting weekend. I'm tired, but it was fun and we all managed just fine.
Rob got away for a guys weekend hiking in the mountains so the little boys and I embraced a couple of days as the 3 musketeers. I decided to try to plan some special fun things to do together so it would feel like a mini-holiday instead of just three days of extra work for me. This was a good strategy and I think we all ended up sharing some good memories.
Saturday we had a play date with a good friend in the morning and then had cinema afternoon. We never watch much TV and the boys have really not watched many full length movies yet so it was a treat to rent Toy Story 2, make popcorn and snuggle on the couch for an hour and a half in the afternoon. After our movie fun we made pizza together, played baseball in the yard and built a lego castle all before bed. Today we had an adventure to a great wave pool and enjoyed a picnic lunch with friends, some playground time and a sporty afternoon in the backyard.
Smiles and fun all around.
Nevertheless, I'll be very happy to greet my husband tomorrow when he gets home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds awesome!
ReplyDeleteA bit of extra TV happened here, too. Having no vehicle limited our outings, but we things ended up going much better than I expected.
Cheers to a weekend survived - both at home and on the mountain! :)
-jess