Sunday, September 5, 2010

Organized

I have a lot to share about - it's been a busy couple of weeks with visits from family and the construction of a new deck, a nice concrete pad (aka road hockey rink!) and sand box for the kids. Pictures and more to come when I get around to unloading them from my camera.

Something you may not know about me is that I am a nut for being organized. Geeky as it may seem, I am a list person. I love the long to-do list that gets systematically checked off. Crossing things off the list gives me a great sense of satisfaction and helps me feel like life is under control.

Since becoming a mom, I have often found it very difficult to maintain any sense of organization (or control for that matter!). My to-do list never seems to get finished and I have had to learn to set attainable goals.

In the past couple of months I have started a new list to keep track of chores around the house. Exciting I know. ha. I have assigned all of my weekly house cleaning jobs to a specific day - ie: vacumming on mondays, cleaning the bathrooms on Thursdays etc. There are jobs for each day and they're spread out over the whole week.

It's been great because I don't get overwhelmed trying to get the whole house clean in one day and I also don't forget to do certain jobs until they are severely behind. All in all, my house is cleaner and I am less stressed about the state of things. It's been a win win and I get to see my little list each day too just to satisfy my nerdy side.

What about you? What do you do to feel organized at your house?

No comments:

Post a Comment