Friday, September 17, 2010

Fall is here

A year ago we were in the midst of a heat wave with temperatures in the low 30s - and this morning when I woke up it was -5. That's Alberta for you.

Yes it feels like Fall has officially been here already for a couple of weeks. I pulled in my tomatoes yesterday and have started cracking out the Fall recipes. Although the crisp air is quite refreshing and the leaves are turning their beautiful golden hues, I know what's coming in a few short weeks and I'm not quite ready for the real cold.

I have a feeling this winter is going to be a long one and I want to start storing up good indoor activity ideas so that the kids and I don't kill each other during the long cold months ahead.

Any good ideas to share to help keep those winter days fun?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Meg, First idea, lots of play dates with Micah :-) We have been making 'forts' or tents in our house with blankets and furniture and Micah loves it. Making body pictures can be fun too, where you trace each child on a big piece of paper and then have them colour 'themselves'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are they old enough for Lego yet? Lego kept up out of our parents hair for hours and hours.
    Speaking of Fall, you might also enjoy my Autumn song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqFsYyR0y_M

    ReplyDelete