Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Sick

Summer sickness is the worst. Our whole family just got through a pukey week and I'm glad to see the end of it.

Another of the many joys of family life. I came down with some sort of stomach flu on a Sunday evening and after a sleepless night I was greeted by two sick children in the morning as well. Thank goodness my husband could stay home and take care of us all for the first day. It was a nasty virus and I was useless all day.

By the time Tuesday morning came, I was feeling marginally better but my husband had succumbed. The kids weren't feverish so they had energy but were still cranky and intestinally challenged... which made for a fun day for me.

When you're a parent there is no such thing as a sick bed. Unless you're completely incapacitated you don't get the marginal luxuries you used to enjoy when under the weather... no lying all day on the couch watching movies or reading a good book... no - if you can get out of bed then you are busy all day regardless of your achy body, queasy stomach and fatigue.

I am definitely happy to see the end of the sick week and hope we can avoid too many more this winter... but I am sending my son to school for his first year so I'm anticipating a few more viral run-ins in my future. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment