Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Potty time

Ok... so I realize I'm a very bad blogger with my sporadic posts and long breaks between them. I'm going to aim for being a bit more regular with it. Sorry to those of you who are checking back and getting irritated with me for not posting!

And since I'm so bad with the posting, it should come as little surprise to know that the weather has made a dramatic turn toward fall since my last entry. The garden has been harvested (except for the carrots!) and we've had more than one frosty morning. It is still lovely and golden outside but the days are quickly getting shorter and winter is coming soon.

We've been very busy with the Fall schedule of activities and on top of that we're still in the middle of potty training shenanigans. So far this is not a favourite parenting adventure for me but I know we'll get through it eventually.

We've had some successes followed by periods of regression and complete lack of interest and still no luck with the elusive number 2. sigh.

Most of the places I've read say not to put pressure on your child or get worried about setbacks or bumps along the way... still, it feels like the pressure comes from the rest of the potty-trained parenting world. It's a hot topic among parents of two and three year-olds - everyone wants to know how old your child is, whether he's fully trained and what methods you're using. The small group of parents whose children trained before they turned two seem to share a smug secret community with knowing glances and smiles to the rest of us.

I'm not really worried about it - but I'll still be mighty happy when this potty training thing is behind us.

1 comment:

  1. Shenanigans they are! Is that word in the dictionary?!

    Like I said, it takes a year. Sometimes Grayson still smiles smugly at ME and says "I just peed in my pants."

    SIgh.

    We'll have a potty party for him when it is all sorted out!

    ReplyDelete