Today I am shamelessly copying a friend's blog who does what she calls a 'simple woman's day book'. I still want to post some spring pictures and updates but haven't had the time to get the pictures from my camera to the computer yet... so here are some random daily thoughts to share instead.
Outside my window - it is spitting with rain. We need moisture here quite badly and haven't had really any rain or much snow in months. I really hope we get a good soaking, but so far it's not looking too promising.
I am thankful - for my family. It has been a tired, cranky few days but I am still overwhelmed every day by how wonderful my boys are and how lucky I am to spend each day with them. I'm also so grateful to have a true partner in my husband.
I am praying - for more patience and energy tomorrow.
I am thinking about - well mostly about going to sleep. Just waiting for Rob to finish with the hockey game.
I am celebrating - the arrival of warm weather. It's still April and around here that can easily mean snow and cold temperatures, but we've had a really warm week and have been out at the park every day wearing shorts!
From the kitchen - ha! leftovers today. gotta love a day with no cooking.
I am reading - I just finished Through Black Spruce by Joseph Boyden and I loved it. He is a wonderful writer.
I am hoping - my boys will feel better tomorrow (they've been a bit sick this week... hence the cranky, tired i mentioned earlier!).
I am hearing - the drone of the hockey game in the background.
I am creating - not much unless I count this blog or my columns for work. I haven't done any knitting since Christmas and it's hard to be motivated for that with the warm weather and yard work beckoning.
Around the house - Rob and I are getting back on the project bandwagon starting with finishing our basement work.
One of my favourite things - I love watching my boys playing together more and more each day. It is amazing to watch their friendship grow.
A few plans for the rest of the week - tomorrow is friday and I am happy to say that aside from the usual weekly routines, we don't have much planned for this weekend. Tomorrow we'll enjoy a play date complete with jumpy castles, then strollercize and swimming lessons on Saturday morning. Otherwise, blissfully blank.
Off to bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment