Can I just say - for the record - summer is the best!
I love the less-structured warm and sunny days, popsicles in the backyard, sending the kids out in their bare feet to play with the hose or dig in the sandbox. I love watching the garden growing and the kids tending their lettuce patch or searching for ripe strawberries. I love picnics in the grass, playdates at the park, cooking all our meals on the bbq, the sight of colourful beach towels drying on the banister. I love summer hats and the smell of sunscreen. I love the simplicity and pure joy that comes from a bucket and some water in the hands of a preschooler. I love puttering in the yard and evenings lounging on the deck with a good summer book.
When the sun is shining and the air is warm, everything is easier and more laid back.
Really - what isn't to love about this fleeting season?
I hope you're enjoying it as much as we are!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment