I believe I did mention my love of summer and spending it outside enjoying the parks and our own backyard... well this week has taken my giddy highs down a notch or two.
Our city has been besieged by ravenous, aggressive mosquitoes. I'm not talking a few harmless guys who come out at dawn and dusk and then hide out during the heat of the day... I'm talking swarming hordes of bloodthirsty vampires relentlessly attacking all. day. long. For the past two days the boys and I have been hiding out in our cool basement because of the clouds of mosquitoes that swarm us the instant we leave the house. Even a walk from the house to the van results in multiple bites if you're not completely sprayed in repellant.
Apparently our snowy winter and wet spring have helped to make this the worst mosquito season in over a decade and it's only going to get buggier as the summer heat continues.
I refuse to be held hostage by the nasty little suckers but I don't want to be re-applying deet every two hours for the next 6 weeks either so I'm on the hunt for a good backyard repellent or mosquitoe trap to keep them at bay. Any recommendations?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The rain is what's keeping them going too, it's so brutal. I only wear long sleeve outside right now, and bathe in deet on exposed flesh. I've heard the propane mosquito traps are good, but they cost $500+, so that's not helpful. I wish the Mosquito laser was beyond a prototype.
ReplyDeletehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosquito_laser