Monday, July 18, 2011

Waiting

These days it feels like I'm waiting for a lot of things. Still waiting for the mosquitoes to die off so we can enjoy going to the park again without coming home covered in welts. Waiting for regular summer weather - we've been getting a day or two of sunshine and then several days of rain... thus ensuring the perpetuation of the pesky vampires.

Mostly we're waiting for this baby. I am now 38 weeks along and feeling like I'm ready to hatch. Even though I want the sunshine, I appreciate the rainy days because my feet don't inflate like sausages and I don't feel quite so melty by the end of the day.

My mom has arrived to help take care of the boys and tackle some jobs around the house. So far no action even though two of my close friends have had their babies in the past couple of days. On the one hand, I'm ready to meet this new tiny person who will complete our family. On the other, there are still a few things left on my pre-baby to do list... and although I am getting less comfortable every day, I know this pregnancy will not go on forever.

And now to bed - we'll see if sleep comes to me - it is 26 degrees in the house right now! Maybe I will soak my feet in an ice bath first!

No comments:

Post a Comment