Sunday, May 17, 2009

Dress up

Lately I have a lot of flashbacks to my childhood days dressing cabbage patch dolls with my sister. We spent hours taking our dolls on various pretend adventures where we inevitably had to rescue them from horrible disasters or evil captors. Along the way there were many breaks to change the dolls' outfits according to the weather or situation our adventure involved.

Bed time? Pajamas of course. Running away by sea? A sailor suit. Escaping in the dead of night? PJs with a warm sweater or fuzzy coat. And of course there were times for less adventurous apparel when the dolls needed their Brownie uniforms or fancy gowns for parties.
Although I'm not generally escaping anywhere with my boys these days and we have yet to take a sea voyage, I do get to re-live the fun dress-up part of my childhood games - but with arguably cuter results!

2 comments: