Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

I think I would be remiss if I didn't mention mother's day in this week's post. So happy mother's day to any moms who are reading this. I hope you have had a wonderful weekend with some special treatment and appreciation for all you do.

I have been blessed with a wonderful mother and am so grateful for the life she gave me growing up and the many things I learned from her, which I hope to show my own children as well.

A few things my mother gave me:
  • unconditional, sacrificial love
  • a sense of my value
  • confidence
  • humour
  • a safe place to come home to
  • her time
  • family traditions and meal times
  • an enthusiasm for life
  • open communication
  • many fun adventures

The example given to me by great parents is one of the most important gifts in my life. I'm sure I'll never know the extent to which they have enabled me to achieve my goals and experience happiness as an adult.

What a fine thing to aspire to now that I am a parent myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment